Monday, July 18, 2011

Charlie-Work In Progress


Commissioned paintings are a true honor to paint.  They are also a challenge that makes me look at the particular animal being painted.  If it is a horse named, Charlie, like the one in this painting, it has to look like Charlie.  It is a fabulous challenge.  I have more to do to make Charlie come alive on the canvas but the painting is nearing completion.  I just sent the photo to Charlie's owner so we will see what she thinks of the portrait of her very special horse friend.  Painting Charlie made for "A Painting Day".

"Charlie" 12x12-inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre ©

7 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

It's stunning, Ruth! Really great job. The eye is incredible!

Debora L Stewart said...

Charlie is beautiful and I hope they love him. You have a wonderful way of capturing the spirit of the animal.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Charlie is fabulous. You are the best!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Charlie is beautiful!

shirley fachilla said...

Ruth, Charlie is beautiful and I don't know how you could make him look more alive. I expect him to whinny, toss his head and move off the canvas!

Sandra Galda said...

looks great!

Virginia Floyd said...

This is truly beautiful! I'm sure Charlie's owner will love this painting. He is so alert, just as if he sees the owner coming. I was fascinated to see the little sketch on the yellow slip of paper. Is that your reference? Wow.