Monday, February 13, 2012

Hopi Has A New Home


Last November I was invited to show my paintings at the Robert Kelly Gallery in Park City, Utah. Over the week-end I received a very nice email saying, "Hopi" had sold and had found a new home.  Hopi is one of my small herd of horses and the painting was made with great affection for this very special little Paint.

I found Hopi in a barn along with 30 other colts while visiting a friend in Missouri.  My friend's father had died leaving him a big herd of horses and the young ones were being shipped out to a Horse Trader.  Being a horse lover it was hard to see these young colts and fillies being sent off for who knew what?  Then near the back of the barn I saw Hopi and decided that she had to be mine.  When Hopi arrived at our farm she had not been handled except to be trailered twice and she was pretty wild.  She is still a bit wild but such a beauty.

"Hopi" 36x36 inches, oil on canvas, Framed by Ruth Andre


10 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

What a beauty of a horse and painting. Love the story as well. Such a big heart and talent.

Karen M Schmidt said...

So beautiful, Ruth, and such a touching story. I love that vivid background ... this must be stunning in person!

shirley fachilla said...

I would love to see all 36x36 inches of Hopi. Such a beautiful treatment of form. I know the new owners will love living with it.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

She's a beauty and so is your painting!

Samantha Dorato Art said...

So perfect !!! Waw, i'm jalous ! It's like a picture. That a great great job.
Bravo.
Sam
http://sampassionne.blogspot.com

Pa Ul said...

What a lovely piece of art.

Global Artist Circle said...

nice and lovely

Bhavna said...

you done awesome work thanks for posting unique picture!!

Robin J Mitchell said...

Your Paintings are beautiful - Great work - Regards Robin

Colette Theriault said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog Ruth. Your work is stunning. Glad I found you through Gary Kemig's FB! Cheers, Colette