Saturday, August 30, 2014

Oak on Quartz Mountain Road


"Oak On Quartz Mountain"
8"x6" oil on canvas panel
by Ruth Andre
$125.00

Today I decided to step out onto my front porch with my new Russian Easel and paint plein air. I will post a photo of the easel in the next post. I purchased the easel years ago and am just now getting it out to use. This is the first painting using the easel. This oak stands tall and marks our property corner to the southwest. It was nice to have a scene to paint right here at home. I plan to continue painting and circle the house and stay in the shade of the porches since it is still very hot here in the valley.
Staying home has made for, 

12 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

SO BEAUTIFUL, Ruth!

Ruth Andre said...

Sue, Thank-you for the big cheer!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This is fabulous,Ruth. Love the abstract quality with those wonderful colors and texture.

Ruth Andre said...

Julie, Thank-you so much for your comment for "Quarts Mountain Oak". I love your paintings and your blog so very much.

measuringspace - sylvia teri said...

I like this so much, Ruth. What A great idea to paint in the shade of your house. Curious to see the Russian easel.

shirley fachilla said...

I love the texture you've incorporated into the "bones" of this piece. Your abstract sensibilities are informing your representational work so beautifully.

Theresa Paden said...

I, too, love this one. The thick texture is wonderful and the colors are so lovely!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I sure like this, Ruth. The texture and movement of the colors really makes me feel the breeze.

Ruth Andre said...

Sylvia, My camera is acting up so I have not gotten a photo of the easel but will get one and post it soon. Thank-you so much for your comment.

Ruth Andre said...

Shirley, I think you are right about my abstract painting being an influence on my landscape works. The textures are intriguing no matter what I am painting. Thank-you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Ruth Andre said...

Theresa, You are so good to stop by and make a comment. So glad you like this painting.

Ruth Andre said...

Diana, Thank-you so much.