Monday, May 16, 2016

First Signs of Sprin - Ruth Andre



"First Signs of Spring"
4.5"x4.5" Oil and Mixed Media on Paper
by Ruth Andre


Turkey Hen and Chicks

This morning while out feeding the horses I saw a wild hen turkey with ten chicks. The hen was resting and the chicks were all huddled close together next to their mother. It was a lovely experience and made my morning feeding ritual unforgettable. I did not want to frighten the mother hen so I side stepped around the hay wagon in hopes she would not be frightened. As the hen moved on along the fence row the tall grass wiggled as each chick passed unseen. It has been, "A Painting Day".

Website
Contact




2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

A REAL beauty!

Theresa Paden said...

Ruth, I love this painting. The colors are wonderful. So fun to hear about the turkeys, too!