Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wishing for a Rain Cloud - Summer Sale - Ruth Andre

it 

"Wishing for a Rain Cloud"
4"x4" Painted Handmade Papers, Bead, Wire on Panel
by Ruth Andre


As you know I live in the foothills of northern California. The summers are hot and dry with no or very little rain. This summer we have  not  had a single drop of rain and the fields are heavy with dried almost white grasses. I found myself feeling jealous as I spoke on the phone with a favorite aunt in Kentucky. She said the sky is grey and a big storm is coming. I remember living in the mid-west and feeling the hot temperatures drop when a storm came through. The rain was a blessed event and oh how lovely it was to see the earth soak up the falling water. I found myself wishing for a storm cloud.



No comments: