Sunday, November 5, 2017

Falling In Place I and II - Ruth Andre



"Falling In Place I"
5"x5" Acrylic on Paper
Matted and Framed 12"x12"
by Ruth Andre


"Falling In Place II"
5"x5" Acrylic on Paper
Matted and Framed 12"x12"
by Ruth Andre

My online course, Studio Journey, is taking me into new painting territory. I am doing my best to work with acrylic paint and try different palette colors. The acrylic paint colors are so different from oil paints that it is a challenge. I mix a color and when I put it down it takes on a different look and also has a transparent quality. The class suggests to challenge yourself by working in a different way. As mentioned in the last post the class is working on paintings within a series. I started three paintings yesterday and when I started painting today the third one took a totally new direction, I decided to let it go and stayed the course with the, "Falling In Place" paintings above. I will be posting the third painting shortly. I am enjoying being in the online Studio Journey class.
It has been, "A Painting Day".






1 comment:

Theresa Paden said...

The transparent quality of the paint is really nice. I love the subtle colors in these two paintings.