Saturday, January 13, 2018

Running Interference - Ruth Andre


"Running Interference"
8"x8" Acrylic-Charcoal on Paper
by Ruth Andre

First I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year with many rewards in your work and play. I ended 2017 with a bang when I caught my shoe on a step and went flying to the asphalt in the Dick Blick art store parking lot. I was rushing around and not paying attention to where I was walking. I am still on 'Slow Motion" but am doing much better. Today I wanted to paint but knew getting to my studio was not going to be an option so I started looking for art supplies in the house. I found two tubes of acrylic paint, green and yellow ocher, some charcoal.and a watercolor paper tablet. My scraper tool was an old credit card. You can see I had true determination and a real need to work. 
My advice to all, including myself, is to slow down and walk safely. So far it has been a tough time in 2018 but hopefully things will only get better.
It has been, "A Painting Day".


2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Oh, no! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Ruth. Good advice for all.
But, hey, look what you were able to create using just a handful of supplies. Awesome piece! Love the title, too!!

Ruth Andre said...

Chris, Thank-you for checking in and for the good words. Take care.