Monday, February 19, 2018

Desert at Dusk - Ruth Andre



"Desert At Dusk I and II"
Vertical and Horizontal Views
Each Painting: 3"x10" Acrylic on Paper
by Ruth Andre

I have procrastenated long enough and need to move from the house back to my painting studio. I do love having my paints ready at any hour of the day or night without making the pilgrimage to the barn studio. I have gotten spoiled it appears. This diptych, "Desert At Dusk" was inspired while visiting Joshua Tree, California, the dessert community near Palm Springs. I had a chance to watch the changing sky and the shadows on the surrounding mountains. The desert colors are subtle and bold all in one. It has been, "A Painting Day".

 Lily is only a freshman, so there are a few years yet before she is at that point. 

5 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Je viens de me régaler avec ce petit retour en arrière sur vos publications ! (vu mon retard !)... J'ai eu ainsi l'impression de visiter une sublime exposition où les couleurs, les formes ont nourri mon âme...

Merci pour ce joli partage !
Gros bisous 🌸

Ruth Andre said...

Reply: I just feasted with this little step back on your publications! (seeing my delay!) ... I had the impression to visit a sublime exhibition where colors, shapes have nourished my soul ...

Thank you for this nice sharing!
Big kisses 🌸

Martine, It is so good to see your comment. Thank-you for the lovely words. Ruth

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Theresa Paden said...

Ooh, these are beautiful! Love!

Ruth Andre said...

Vannara, Thank-you. Ruth