Wednesday, March 28, 2018

China Sea - Ruth Andre

"China Sea I, II, III"
24"x6"x2.25" Oil-Wax on Cradled Panel
-by Ruth Andre
$2,100
My son, Ian, is a product designer and his company is ChicWrap. Ian is a talented designer and believes in the need for products that simplify our lives. His goal is to design products that are aesthetically beautiful and easy to use. Ian travels to China quite often to visit manufacturers that produce the products for ChicWrap. I have been lucky enough to share part of his adventure through photos, not only of the manufacturing plants but the people of China and how they live. The foods available are quite different and something for the American palette to get used to. The painting today, "China Sea" has been influenced by the world that has been shared with me. It has a quiet and lively palette of pale green and red.I have taken my own journey to China with my painting, "China Sea". It has been, "A Painting Day".










7 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Your palette of pale green and red is stunning, Ruth, and the story, as always, very interesting.
Your links to ChicWrap did not work on my computer, but I easily found your son's site. Wishing him continued success.

Ruth Andre said...

Chris, Thank-you for your lovely comment and than-you for letting me know the links for www.chicwrap.com were not working. I think I have it fixed now. I love using the CraftWrap dispenser in my studio. I cut coated freezer paper and use it as a cover for my tables and as a palette for my paint.

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère Ruth,

Je pense que cette peinture correspond au lien profond et conducteur qui vous lie avec votre fils et son histoire. Un ressenti merveilleux.
J'aime la douceur des couleurs qui met en lumière la nuance de rouge. La présence des jaunes est très subtile semblable à une petite lumière protectrice.

Je m'en vais visiter le site de CraftWrap...

Gros bisous 🎀

Ps: Pardon de ne pas être très présente sur les blogs !

Ruth Andre said...

Martine's comment in English:
Hello dear Ruth,

I think this painting is the deep and conductive connection that binds you to your son and his story. A wonderful feeling.
I like the softness of colors that highlights the shade of red. The presence of the yellows is very subtle like a small protective light.

I'm going to visit the CraftWrap site ...

Big kisses 🎀

Ps: Sorry for not being very present on blogs!

Ruth Andre said...

Martine, How good to see your post. My son, Ian, is a very special person and our connection is very meaningful. We both love design and like sharing our thoughts and projects with one another. You noticed the little bit of yellow pushing its way through and I am glad for your comment. Thank-you so much. Ruth

Theresa Paden said...

These 3 panels are wonderful and would make a dramatic statement on a wall! Fantastic work!!

Ruth Andre said...

Theresa, Thanks for stopping by and posting a comment. Glad you like, "China See".