Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Las Hermanas #3


The painting today is one of a triptych in progress It is called "Las Hermanas", The Sisters. I am starting with #3, a big grey-roan mare. While painting this mare, it reminded me of times my husband and I had on our ranch in Baja California, Mexico. We grew flowers for the wholesale flower market, on our ranch in Baja and would go down to the ranch and spend several days at a time outside the village like town. The only language spoken was, Spanish and there was only one phone in town, that everyone paid to use. A very enterprising indivdual had a good business in the phone business. I will tell you more of the story when I post Las Hermanas #2 and #1. Living in Baja made for, "A Painting Day".

"Las Hermanas #3",9x9-inches, o/c

2 comments:

Lori Bonanni said...

I love the softness of your palette.

Ruth Andre said...

Thank-you Lori. I visited your site and enjoyed your work very much.