Friday, June 25, 2010

Plein Air Paintings





Today I am showing a little Art Show at my framer's shop in Placerville, California. Jim Ginney is a fantastic guy and has been helping me choose just the right frames for the past few years. He has a wonderful spirit and seems to always know what is needed for the perfect marriage of frame and painting. Jim has selected a few of my plein air paintings to show at his shop and I am truly pleased. Jim is also a fine art photographer and when you visit his shop, you get a case of the "I Want", when you see his beautiful nature photography. Meeting Jim has made for, "A Painting Day".

Ruth Andre Plein Air Paintings
Jim Ginney 530/626-1124
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com

3 comments:

Cheryl Ratcliff said...

Ruth, what a lovely grouping of plein air paintings! I love Placerville. It always feels like home to me. My Grandparents lived there for many years and I spent part of my teen years growing up there. Thanks for your kind comments on my peony painting.

Unknown said...

very nice collection of your work and the framing suits them beautifully.

Pamela Zimmerman said...

such a beautiful arrangement! Wish i could see them in person!