Friday, September 17, 2010

Matron of the Plains


This is a special day.  I am posting my 100th post on my blog that I started in April.  It is amazing how fast the time has zoomed by.  Blogging has been one of those things in life that I thought of as a "Never Me" situation and has ended up being a very enjoyable task.  I have met many new people and have been exposed to lots of art through connections with other artists and their blog sites.  There are three people that have been extremely encouraging to me during my first 100 days.  Carol Marine, Laurel Daniel and Theresa Paden, all artists and all bloggers that I am sure you know.

The painting today is a wild horse, a matron of the plains.  She has the respect of her herd mares.  She is the one in charge.  Watching horses interact with one another has made for, "A Painting Day".
Reference Photo-Mark Terrell

"Matron of the Plains"-14x18-inches, oil/canvas-Framed
Available at Texana-Goliad, Texas-361-645-2074
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com

2 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

Congratulations on your 100th blog post!!! As usual, I love your painting! I always look forward to seeing what you have posted each day and it's always a delight to see your beautiful work.

Laurel Daniel said...

OH YES - CONGRATULATIONS INDEED!!! 100 posts since April is incredible and you should be so proud. This could not be a more beautiful image for today - a wild horse with the respect of her herd. With all DUE respect, a big resounding "YEE HA!!!!" for you!!! XOXO