Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hillside Oaks



As I walked through the mud today to get the horses in for the night I had  thoughts of summer and how it is like living in two different worlds as the seasons change.  The hills turn from golden to the brightest green.  The painting today was painted just down the road.  It is of one of the many old oaks that dot the landscape in the valley and the surrounding hills.  Thinking of summer made for, "A Painting Day".

"Hillside Oaks" 9x12-inches, oil/canvas, Framed by Ruth Andre
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com

3 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Lovely in its simplicity. Love all the shades of green and the sky color is fabulous.
I yearn for summer days also. We may have snow in Georgia for Christmas! I am a summer girl.

Donna MacDonald AFCA said...

I enjoy all of your beautiful paintings - they inspire me!

Theresa Paden said...

Beautiful painting and great brush work.