Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Angus


As  you may recall my goal for the year has been to paint larger works and I have a work in progress below to show you what is on the studio easel at the moment.  The little Angus calf is an older work but one that is dear to my heart.  The rancher next door has Angus cows and a few new calves are romping in the pasture this spring.  It is a delight to see how the herd welcomes a new calf by coming over and either just taking a good look or licking the new calf.  The BIG Angus bull is part of the welcoming committee as well.  Seeing the spring calves has made for, "A Painting Day".


I love the long lean canvas format of the "My Cayenne" painting shown in the last post and thought I would paint a Paint horse using the same size canvas.  I am enjoying this painting as I work from side to side.  Hopefully the painting will be completed in the next few days for its debut.  Please enjoy "A Painting Day".

"Angus" 8x10 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre SOLD
"Painter's Paint" working title and Work In Progress by Ruth Andre

7 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Love the wide format, too. Really, really nice one Ruth.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Do love the wide format Ruth looking forward to it's progress. The Angus calf is a delight being a Scot one of my favourite breeds :)

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Love, love, LOVE the wide format!

Theresa Paden said...

The Angus calf is adorable and I love the Paint horse on the wide canvas!

Unknown said...

Just dropping by love your portrait of the cow, and the long canvas really suits your subject.

Karen M Schmidt said...

Lovely so far, I can hardly wait to see it finished ... and the calf is adorable, of course! I also love seeing all the new arrivals (both bovine and equine) out in the pasture next door this time of year ... so cute!

Karen M Schmidt said...

Lovely so far ... I can hardly wait to see it finished ... and calf is adorable, of course! I also love seeing all the new arrivals (both bovine and equine) out in the pasture next door this time of year ... so cute!