Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stephanie & The September Moses Botkin Challenge





The post today is for the September Moses Botkin Challenge.  This month it was my turn to choose the challenge so I decided to choose a subject with a bit of fun in mind.  The Challenge is, Party Dress.  What fun it has been to paint this colorful prom dress from the 60's.  Girls dressed like girls back then and our wardrobes were full of dresses for all occasions.  This little dress, "Stephanie" is named after a friend of mine that is a lover of clothes and good times. I feel as if I have been ushered around the dance floor that made for, "A Painting Day".  The paintings for the September Challenge are each keepsakes in their on right.  Scroll down and enjoy the Party!

"Stephanie" 12x6 inches, oil on canvas 2011 © by Ruth Andre

"That Party Dress" 18x24 - oil on canvas 2011 ©


"Party Dress" 9x12 pastel on paper 2011 ©



Faire Dress
16x12 oil on panel
©2011 Robin Cheers



"New Dress" Oil on hardboard 10"x12"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin











6 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I love the idea of this special gown tucked away in your closet, just waiting for a twirl around the dance floor! Very fun, and a charming painting.

Theresa Paden said...

Beautiful painting and I love the colors!

suzanneberry said...

ruth, i love this. there is so much personality there, no human needed, the dress is indeed the star! beautiful and charming!

shirley fachilla said...

Once upon a time the upstairs closet in my parent's house was filled with my sisters' party dresses. Midnight blue tulle with sparkles, orchid watermarked satin with ruffles, beautiful beautiful dresses of which dreams are made.
Your painting reminds me of their glamour and the great anticipation I had of wearing such a dress of my very own.

Sharlette White said...

I love this dress, it's like a rainbow in a pink satin dress. Beautiful and I noticed this was your idea? What a wonderful idea! I'm hoping to do one of these on my own!

Logan Graba said...

I really like the party dress! Your depiction of the differing types of cloth, with the ruffles in it, are masterful! Thank you for sharing, I will have to study your paintings next time I start painting a cloth texture.