Monday, February 4, 2013

Moonlight Reflections Revisited - Ruth Andre


"Moonlight Reflections"
8x8x1.5 inches, oil-wax on panel
by Ruth Andre

The studio work continues getting panels ready to paint and as I was taking a break a small study called out for a change. The painting was subtle but as I spent time with it in the studio it seemed to need more. I felt a need for a more complex structure. I wanted the painting to feel of drifting water on a moonlight night. As the water drifts by it has been, "A Painting Day".



3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Ruth..Love the colors...You did a nice small study!
These colors often speak to me, too!

Theresa Paden said...

Love the blues and greens. It has such a wonderful feeling of tranquility.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

The cool colors and subtle gradations really make this one interesting, Ruth. Lovely piece!