Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Painting Day - Shelter From the Storm - Ruth Andre



"Shelter From the Storm"
6"x18"x1.5" Oil & Mixed Media on Cradled Wood Panel
by Ruth Andre

***
Today I painted but I also took shelter from the raging storm just outside my door bringing much needed rain to the valley. Being tucked away under a luscious  cozy throw with a good book in hand I felt right with the world. I thought about the life changing storms in my life. How sadness for one thing or another has made me seek shelter giving way to solitude with my thoughts. Seeking shelter is what gives me the strength to move forward as the storm retreats in my own mind. It has been, "A Painting Day".

5 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

this looks GREAT!!!!
Kudos to YOU and your Art work!

AmyeToTheRescue! said...

Beautiful painting and beautiful writing to go with it.

Theresa Paden said...

Wonderful work!

Ruth Andre said...

AmyeToThe Rescue, I love your blog and thanks so much for the very nice comment regarding my painting, "Shelter From the Storm".

Ruth Andre said...

Theresa, You are so nice to follow my blog and send comments along. I love your work as well.