Sunday, July 16, 2017

Finding My Way


"Finding My Way"
4.5"x4.5" Oil-Wax on Paper
by Ruth Andre
sold

I painted this piece and then scrapped it off and started again and again. I saw paintings come and go and though they might not have been bad they were not what I wanted. They did not have the spark that makes a painting. I find if I am willing to let a painting free itself from the first structure of an idea, the real painting is given space to form. It is wonderful and frustrating but when I find the painting, it is rewarding and I can let it go.  It has been, "A Painting Day".



1 comment:

Chris Lally said...

Haha! That's tricky because it is so easy to getting attached to a painting off the bat & feel you have to settle with the final result.
Glad you stood your ground, Ruth. Great little painting!!