Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Stepping Stones - Ruth Andre


"Stepping Stones'
6"x18" Oil-Wax on Paper
by Ruth Andre
sold

I am on a few artist's email lists and one of my favorites is a blog by Nancy Hillis. Her Blog is The Artist's Journey. I totally enjoy Nancy's writing and her enthusiasm for art plus her abstract paintings are really very nice. The blog post that came today was very inspiring and as I painted in the studio her words continued to stir around in my mind. Letting go to paint, to experiment with the paints and to paint and paint some more is what I have taken from Nancy's well written words. Maybe you can see today's painting is a little different than my usual works. I had a paper primed with gesso and a first layer of paint just waiting for me in the studio. I decided to start painting quickly and let it be to see what would come from the exercise. I have posted a second view of the painting showing it in a vertical format below. Enjoy! It has been, "A Painting Day".


Second View - "Stepping Stones"
18"x6" Oil-Wax on Paper
by Ruth Andre



No comments: