Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Eye Do


When I first started painting, the landscape was my chosen subject and then one day I looked out to the pasture at my four horses and asked myself why I was not painting these beautiful creatures?  I started painting just the eye of the horse on 8x8 inch canvas'.  It was a fun project.   I am still enamored with the horse's eye and continue to paint focused-cropped-portraits.  This eye portrait is a painting of Diamond, a beautiful Palomino mare and it is one of the first paintings of my eye series.  Seeing the beauty of the horse made for, "A Painting Day".

"Eye Do"-8x8-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com

8 comments:

martinealison said...

Vous avez raison les yeux du cheval nous parlent. Ils sont remplis d'amour et de tendresse.
Votre amour pour yeux est si grand que vous l'avez réussi à la perfection cet oeil-là.
Bisous

Crystal Cook said...

Beautiful Ruth. Simply beautiful. And what a kind eye she has too. :)

hmuxo said...

I love this painting Ruth. You have mastered painting with whites..and you're right..this is a beautiful Palomino.

Theresa Paden said...

I like the way you have included a lot of nice detail while still keeping the loose brushstrokes.

Claudia Hammer a Painting a day said...

You can't fool me twice! This is the eye of a horse not a person in a snowstorm! Ha Ha! Nice painting. I bet it being on an 8x8 that it is almost life size. I bet it looks good in person.

Anonymous said...

splendid,bravo

Debra Keirce said...

And a beautiful eye it is...

Kate said...

Such beautiful horses painting !