Friday, November 12, 2010

Texas Girl #4


When in Texas you had better love cows.  Luckily, I do!  The painting today is "Texas Girl #4", a Brahma and Hereford cross and one pretty lady cow.  I found her at a ranch near Goliad, Texas.  This painting has been showing in my gallery in Goliad, Texas and just recently sold so she will be heading off to a new home.  Loving cows made for, "A Painting Day".

"Texas Girl #4", 9x12-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre Sold

Texana Gallery
104 Courthouse Square
Goliad, TX
361-645-2074

8 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Congratulations on your sale! I didn't realize you have a gallery in Goliad. That's a place almost as sacred to Texans as the Alamo.

Carol DeMumbrum said...

I love Texas Girl #4!! I share your love of cows-after growing up on a dairy farm and showing cows in 4-H the natural thing now seems to paint them. Thanks for the inspiration of your paintings!!1

Ruth Andre said...

Virginia, you are so right about Goliad and the Presideo La Bahia massacre ordered by Santa Ana. It is a very sad tale but the Presidio is a beautiful and a sacred place to visit. Thank-you for your comment on Texas Girl.

Ruth Andre said...

Carol, I have visited your blog. Nice work. Your boys will love having a horse. Thank-you for your comment on Texas Girl.

LindaHunt said...

I love this painting...she is such a beautiful lady!

hmuxo said...

Love Texas Girl, Ruth! so beautifully done. I love cows and horses!...I think I'll be a country girl in my next life!! ha..ha..

mary maxam said...

Who could resist this great gal with such great earrings! well done :)

Theresa Paden said...

Congratulations on selling Texas Girl #4! She's a beauty!