Saturday, January 19, 2013

El Rio Rojo - Ruth Andre


"El Rio Rojo"
24x18x2.5 inches Oil on Panels - Triptych
by Ruth Andre

Friends have sent news that they are traveling to Palm Desert for a vacation. They will be gone for a couple of months and for some reason that news just sounded so very nice to me. 
I have memories from my own visits to the desert and of the desert rivers. The water is almost orange with just a glint of  the blue sky reflecting on the water.  May the painting "El Rio Rojo" take you along to the warmth of the winter desert and "A Painting Day".



3 comments:

Debora L Stewart said...

I love this new piece Ruth and all its nuances of color and texture. I think this three panel painting is wonderful!

Theresa Paden said...

The Red River is beautiful. So many colors!

Bruce B. Hancock said...

Ruth...you know I am a sucker for warm colors and beautiful grays. You got me on this one. Fabulous!