Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Creek Bed - Ruth Andre



When we first moved to our home in northern California the creek was dry. I walked down to the bottom of the creek and started to walk the creek as it runs through our property. I had only taken a few steps when I heard a very loud noise and then I saw a huge buck deer. He had been sleeping in the dry creek bed and I had surprised him. He surprised me as well. Since then I think of the words, Creek Bed, as more than the bottom of a dry creek. The creek bed was indeed a bed that day. The music from the flowing creeks serenaded me all day and made for, "A Painting Day".

"Creek Bed" 18x24x1.5 inches, oil on panel by Ruth Andre


5 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

Wonderful subtle colors and so luminous. So fun to hear about the deer sleeping in the creek BED!

North County Film Club said...

I love that the creek bed was the "buck bed" that day and I love the painting.
Barbara

Ruth Andre said...

Hello Theresa and Barbara and Nancy, Thank-you so much for your comments.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This is a very clean and peaceful abstract painting!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Interesting piece and I love the back story. The dry mud in the creek must've felt cool.