Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Crestfallen - Ruth Andre


"Crestfallen"
8"x7" oil & mixed media on paper
by Ruth Andre

I had painted a larger painting, "Rock Slide" and had some paint left on my palette. I thought it might be interesting to use those same colors, only changing the layers of application. This painting, "Crestfallen" seemed to use the palette to show strength and mystery. Those attributes may have been what I needed that day and it made its way to the painting. It has been, "A Painting Day".

3 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

I really like this one a lot. Interesting palette, texture and contrast.

suzanneberry said...

Outstanding Ruth! I see so much here. The reds, blues etc. I see figures but at the same time an incredible abstract! One of your very best!

Manisha Vedpathak said...

Wow..very interesting! Used palettes really make wonders!