Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cresting Moon - Ruth Andre


"Cresting Moon"
10"x10"x1.5" Oil & Mixed Media on Panel
by Ruth Andre

Have you become addicted to Pinterest? I reluctantly headed over to Pinterest and now it is a daily venture. There are so many photos to see and enjoy. I love the interiors and the lovely colors and have found myself falling in love with the color grey mixed with dark brown and cream. I guess you can see the influence in today's painting, "Cresting Moon". The colors seeped through and found their way to the canvas. My inspiration photo below. You can also follow the LINK to see my inspiration for this painting at this site House & Home .


Pinterest Photo - House & Home

It has been, "A Painting Day".

2 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

This painting really does evoke a feeling of the moon rising. I like the light, too.

shirley fachilla said...

Beautiful, beautiful colors. The pink with that cool blue gray is simply marvelous.