Saturday, October 12, 2013

Grassy Bluff - Ruth Andre


"Grassy Bluff"
6"x8" oil on canvas
by Ruth Andre

This is another painting from my time in Fort Bragg, California. The beautiful ocean was just over this grassy bluff. I loved the quiet peaceful feeling of the meadow. It called to me as the paint went down making for, "A Painting Day".

Note: I will be posting paintings from Fort Bragg for a few days and then I will be posting paintings as I travel across the country to the Mid-West. It should be a fun trip and one that I have been looking forward to making for a long time. 

2 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

Another beautiful painting. I really like the way you are using the palette knife to create so much texture and interest. Looking forward to seeing more from Fort Bragg!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

LOVE this one, Ruth! The simple shapes and dramatic viewpoint really draw me in.