Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Cliffside - Ruth Andre


"Cliffside"
6"x6"Oil on Archival Canvas Panel
by Ruth Andre
$125.00

There are times I wonder why I like the solitary figure in a portrait painting or a lone tree in a landscape painting. Some of my friends tease me about painting just a tree but these trees seem to speak to me so I paint them.  I like things that are minimal and feel uncomplicated even if they really are. I like to see a small painting perched on an easel on my desk or side table. The paintings feel intimate and my own. They are just a breath of another world or time and I really like that idea. It has been, "A Painting Day".

4 comments:

Bruce B. Hancock said...

This is a very successful painting Ruth. great contrasts, super textures and wonderful colors. Good work.

Ruth Andre said...

Hi Bruce, This is another painting done while in Fort Bragg. I loved seeing the lone tree grouping and had to paint them. Thank-you for your comment.

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Je suis contente d'apprendre que je ne suis pas la seule à aimer les arbres ! J'aime enlacer leur tronc... appuyer mes mains sur l'écorce et ressentir cette belle communion.

Cette belle peinture est un bel hommage et un joli ressenti.

Gros bisous ☼

Ruth Andre said...

Martine: Hello Dear friend, I am glad to learn that I am not the only one to love the trees! I love hug their trunk ... press my hands on the bark and feel this beautiful communion. This beautiful painting is a beautiful tribute and a nice felt. Big kisses ☼

Ruth: You are so sweet to send such a lovely comment and share your love for nature and trees. Thank-you.