Monday, October 20, 2014

Coastal Blues - Ruth Andre


"Coastal Blues"
6"x6"
oil on canvas by ruth Andre
SOLD

Last week I hitched a ride with my painter friend, Bruce Hancock and traveled north to Fort Bragg and the Mendocino, California coastal towns. We were meeting a group of artists that we have been painting with for the past 7 years. Howard Rees was giving a four day workshop. The wind was just a breeze and the sun was shining as I stood on the butte painting this scene. Up the hill from my painting sight was the Mendocino boardwalk where several of my painting buddies painted the old Victorian shops. The ocean was mesmerizing with its many blues as the waves rushed to shore. Painting along the coast in northern California coast made for, "A Painting Day".

6 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

This is such a beautiful painting, you have such a way with the palette knife.

Bruce B. Hancock said...

You really nailed this one, Ruth. What a beautiful day it was...and your lovely painting totally captures the feel of it.

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Le lieu me semble idyllique ! Quelle belle perspective !
Vous avez dû passer un excellent moment de peinture en compagnie de vos amis.
J'aime ces belles nuances de couleurs.

Gros bisous ♡

Ruth Andre said...

Martine: Hello Dear Friend, The place seems idyllic! What a beautiful perspective! You have had to spend a great time to paint in the company of your friends. I love these beautiful shades of colors. Big kisses ♡

Ruth: Martine, you are so right. It was such fun to paint in such a beautiful place with old friends. Thank-you!

Ruth Andre said...

Theresa, Thank-you for the lovely comment. I know you see the ocean daily so I really appreciate your comment. Take care.

Ruth Andre said...

Bruce was also painting in Fort Bragg and made some beautiful paintings. I hope he posts them on his blog soon. Thanks so much Bruce.