Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Painting Day - Home - Ruth Andre

I have been blogging for a few years and am constantly mentioning the valley where I live. The valley is just a few miles long but oh so beautiful no matter the season. Each day my husband and I walk up into the hills and cross the Rancheria Creek that goes through our property. It is a beautiful setting and has been the inspiration for many of my paintings. The "Water Works" series of abstract works were brought to the canvas truly inspired by the creek and how it changes throughout the seasons.  I have added two photos of the landscape and three "WaterWorks" paintings plus words that express what the creek means to me and my work.



 Rancheria Creek



Turkey Crossing

WaterWorks

There is a creek that runs through the land I call home. It has a life
powerful and strong and then it whispers and finally sleeps. As I watch
the creek in winter the water pushes forward with its powerful momentum. The water is high and purges what ever is in its path until it drowned or thrown to the side. Nothing is left untouched. Tall trees are sometimes toppled after years of enduring the creek's relentless force. Then as quickly as the creek has become the harlot of the land it softens and quiets and makes love to the sun. There is just a quiet rippling of light and shadow. The creek is alive and must find its path to be all it can be. Then it slows and finally the last bit of moisture is swallowed by the sands of the creek bed. To view the creek through all seasons and to see the creek move with the impetus of nature it is hard to believe it will slow and disappear into the earth. The ebb and flow of the creek is what I have painted. 


"Deer Crossing"
12"x12"x1.5" Oil on Cradled Panel
by Ruth Andre


"Grass Creek"
12"x12"x1.5" Oil on Cradled Panel
by Ruth Andre


"Cresting Creek"
16"x16"x1.5" Oil on Cradled Panel

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

AWESOME POST!

North County Film Club said...

You write as good as you paint!
It looks a lot prettier there than Fallbrook.
Barbara

Theresa Paden said...

Beautifully written and beautiful paintings! Thanks for sharing the photos, too!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

A very special post, Ruth. What a poet you are with paint and words.
Your choice of the placement of colors speak to me of the creek and I am moved.