Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Painting Day - Red II - Ruth Andre


"Red II"
4.5"x4.5" Oil and Cod Wax on Paper
12"x12" Mat
Challenge Painting Sixty-Six
by Ruth Andre
$125.00
The "Red I, II and III" series was so much fun to paint. I had started the small series to be quiet and serene paintings by starting with black and then a green-grey. After the first few layers of paint I stopped for the day and when I went back to the studio I could think of nothing but red. I mixed my red paints and let the paint move across the paper. The color is alive with emotion and movement. I will post the number three RED painting tomorrow. For a small preview I have posted all three of the Red paintings below. It has been, "A Painting Day".




2 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

It's so fun to hear about how your paintings change from what you had originally started out to do, like they have a life of their own! The red is really wonderful, made even more intense by the small bits of green and black.

Ruth Andre said...

Theresa, I don't make these things up and it is so true that I have an idea for what I want to paint and it is just shoved to the side and the paint makes a statement. Sometimes it is frustrating as you can imagine. Love your work. Everyone should check Theresa's blog.