Monday, February 29, 2016

Milk Run - Ruth Andre


"Milk Run"
8"x8" Mixed Media on Handmade Paper
by Ruth Andre
$250.00

I am not a pilot but think about how it must be to fly the same route daily or even two or three times a day. The pilots must be dedicated to their task and know what to look out for during the flight. Living here in the valley we make the weekly milk run with a list of errands that need to be accomplished before returning home. It sometimes feels like a continuous loop but the trips is always different in some way. My neighbor and I were setting up a time to get together for dinner and when I said why don't you just come to my house she jumped at the chance. She nor I wanted to venture out of the valley if we could stay at home. I am starting to feel like a recluse and maybe I am one already. 

I used a textured handmade paper for this painting and it is exciting to paint. The organic edges give new depth and life to the painting. This piece is small, only 8"x8" but with a mat and frame it will hold its own and make a great accent in that special place. I love quiet corners and have set up a little reading nook in my bedroom. The art next to my overstuffed chair is serene and gives me a peaceful feeling. I like art that is there just for me and I like big art that can be shared. It has been, "A Painting Day".


4 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Une belle empreint cosy ...
Gros bisous ♡

Ruth Andre said...

martinealison said ...
Hello my dear friend,

A nice cozy marked ...
Kisses ♡

Marine, You are so good to comment. So glad you like this painting. Ruth

Patty Schwarz said...

Ruth,this painting is just lovely. The ripples are magical!

Ruth Andre said...

Hi Patty, Nice to receive your comment. We all need a little magic in our lives. Ruth