Friday, May 18, 2012

Three Oaks - Ruth Andre


Today I am in my own backyard painting the oak trees that surround my property here in the foothills. I love to see a cluster of oaks standing together. As I look out my studio window I can see a line of oaks at the creek's edge that have surely been growing there for over one hundred years. They are part of the land's history and have weathered many a sunny day and raging storm.  Taking cover under the old oaks has made for "A Painting Day"

"Three Oaks" 6x8 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre

Ruth's Website
Contact Ruth

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is beautiful your tree, always I look at your work, because I really like the use of texture, and I really like how your using in your paints.

Paula Ilha said...

very nice paintings!
Best wishes.