Sunday, July 14, 2013

Canyon Clouds - Ruth Andre


"Canyon Clouds"
16"x16"x2" oil & mixed media on panel
by Ruth Andre

I have been working on a small commission and while I was waiting for client approval I dove into the paint to work on the painting above, "Canyon Clouds". I must have been feeling dreamy as the day slipped away and the quiet palette appeared. My goal for decorating my home has always been to create a quiet-peacefulness that is felt when you enter the front door. Now that I live in the back country in Northern California there is day to day peace that surrounds the house as well. Enjoy!
It has been, "A Painting Day".


2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I don't always comment, Ruth, but really love your work. This one is special.

Marie Theron said...

Hi Ruth,such restful works! I have been quite surprised now to see the name of your book! I am taking part in a 3-woman exhibition next month called "Can You Hear the Drums", all about Africa.