Thursday, June 19, 2014

Many Moons Ago - Ruth Andre


"Many Moons Ago"
10"x10"x1.5" Oil & Mixed Media on Panel
by Ruth Andre

This morning I called a good friend that started talking about one of her good friends. She said my friend is older and I said I think you are about the same age. Then my friends said, oh my gosh you are right. We often do not see ourselves as others see us and that just might be a good thing. We can move along in a total blissful state being what we want to be. The painting, "Many Moons Ago" shows the passage of time with each textured ridge making its own path. It has been, "A Painting Day".


4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I Like the ridges and the title is so fitting!

Ruth Andre said...

Hi Sue, Thank-you for your comment.

Theresa Paden said...

I like the ridges, too and also the way the verticals are being interrupted by the horizontal going across the middle.

Ruth Andre said...

Hi Theresa, Yes the lines represent the passage of time and isn't it true how things in life are interrupted at least in the way we perceive they should be. Thank-you for the comment.