Monday, June 2, 2014

"Out To Sea" - Ruth Andre


"Out To Sea"
5"x7" oil & mixed media on panel
by Ruth Andre

If you have been following my blog you see I have been working on several small studies. I do this to work with new colors and new ideas. I also work for change. The change is there and is working its way from my minds eye to the canvas. It is frustrating sometimes to know what I want to accomplish and then it mysteriously is not physically there. The painting today is called, "Out To Sea", the feeling I get at times as I work to find land or a small dock to sit for awhile with my painting. There will always be change and that is what keeps art making exciting and makes for many,
"A Painting Day".

2 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

I like the strong contrast in this one and the textured lines as well. I agree that making art can sometimes leave one feeling adrift!

Ruth Andre said...

Theresa, So good to receive your comment about feeling adrift at times as an artist. Thank-you for your words regarding "Out To Sea".