Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Underbrush - Ruth Andre


"Underbrush II" 
10"x10'x1.5" oil & wax on cradled panel
by Ruth Andre


"Underbrush I & II"
10"x20"x1.5" oil & cold wax on cradled panel
by Ruth Andre

 It has been a few days since I have been able to spend time in the studio. The local art show posted in the previous blog post took several days of preparation. I am happy to say the reception Saturday afternoon was a lot of fun. I totally enjoyed greeting those that attended. The show will run all of June and I will be sitting the gallery each Saturday from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Sutter Creek is a beautiful rustic town that tourist enjoy visiting year around. I look forward to meeting a few folks making their way around town.
It felt good to paint today and enjoy the process of working with color and composition. When painting abstracts there is  no templet to follow. What shows up on the canvas truly comes from what I am feeling that day. Making my way back to the studio has made for, "A Painting Day"


Encaustic Arts Magazine

No comments: