Monday, March 16, 2015

A Painting Day - Red Clouds - Ruth Andre


"Red Clouds"
6"x12"x1.5" Oil & Mixed Media on Cradled Panel
by Ruth Andre
Not Available

I have been reading a lot lately. There are so many good books and now with access to digital books it is so easy to read several different authors. Some of the authors are new and some I just had never gotten in touch with previously. Louis L'Amour and his book, "Lonesome Gods" captured my spirit. Mr L'Amour amazed me with the splendor of his words. I felt the landscape that surrounded the characters and saw the clouds passing by over the desert lands. Today's painting is a small tribute to the wilds of the desert that Mr. L'Amour created. It has been, "A Painting Day".

YouTube - Oil & Cold Wax Demo

2 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

I like this painting a lot. I agree with you, reading books online is a wonderful thing!

Bruce B. Hancock said...

Ruth, I am constantly amazed at the subtlety that you consistently find in color....any color! Well done again.