Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Painting Day - Yellow Sky - Ruth Andre


"Yellow Sky"
4.5"x4.5" Oil on Paper 
by Ruth Andre
Challenge Painting Two

We think of the sky being blue but is it? Sometimes it is blue but so much of the time it is pink, purple, pink and at sunset it is filled with bright reds and orange and yes, yellow. Here in the valley I can see the sun's yellow hues as it falls behind the high mountains in the west. The beauty is there for all to see.  This is Day Two for my Challenge to paint 100 small paintings on paper. Thank-you for following along. It has been, "A Painting Day"

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

awesome TEXTURES!

Ruth Andre said...

Hi Sue, So glad you like the textures in this painting. I do like texture and my larger painting have it too but it is not so easy to see in a photo. Thanks for stopping by and following the challenge.

Theresa Paden said...

I like the textures, too, and I LOVE the colors!! Beautiful work as always!

Ruth Andre said...

Hi Theresa, I am enjoying these small paintings. Painting on paper is a lovely change. Ruth