Monday, July 5, 2010

Ladies in Waiting


While waiting the eleven months for my mare, Angel, to give birth to her little filly, I read the book, "Blessed Are The Brood Mares" by M. Phyllis Lose. It was a book full of information about brood mares, and what to expect during the birth of the colt. I remember the April afternoon when Angel said this is it. I had the book near by and it was a good thing since the little filly was a little twisted around and needed a good yank to get her out into the world. Whew! It was scary and I said, I would never do it again. My mare was a good mother, so I too agree, "Blessed Are The Brood Mares". Seeing our mare and her new filly, made for, "A Painting Day".

"Ladies in Waiting", 30x40-inches, o/c by Ruth Andre
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com

2 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

Quite an experience.
Very nice painting.

Sandy Byers said...

What a beautiful painting, Ruth! And what an incredible story. Thank you for sharing it.