Friday, August 26, 2011

Desert Moon


This painting is still wet and may need a little more work but I will take a look at it in the morning and make the necessary changes.  I am on a quest to gather together several "Moon" paintings.  Actually paintings titled using the word, moon.  You have seen "Moon Shadow, Moonlight on the Plains and The Honey Moon.  This will be moon painting #4 with New Moon in the wings.  I used a black and white reference photograph leaving it up to me to make my color choices.  It was a fun experiment.  Painting


3 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

This horse looks as if it is about to gallop right off the page! You really captured a lot of movement and excitement!

Kathy Cousart said...

Love the perspective and he is beautiful. Interesting to use a different process- I would say it worked:)

Marie Theron said...

Desert Moon for sure as he becomes a hazy form in the heat of the day!