Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tux


I must be thinking of New Year's Eve with this lively painting of a Texas Long Horn Cow.  The colors remind me of a celebration party that goes into the wee hours of the night.  The painting could also be a view of a lone cow on the prairie with the night sky folding in around him.  I could not resist naming this old boy, "Tux".  The black body and the white horns remind me of a very finely dressed man in a tuxedo.  Painting the prairie sky made for, "A Painting Day".

"Tux" 8x8 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre


3 comments:

LindaHunt said...

This is very beautiful...love the black against the white of the horns. Elegant!!

shirley fachilla said...

Wonderful, wonderful colors. And I'm loving those brushstrokes!

Theresa Paden said...

I love the brush work, and the black and white against the violet. Tux is a handsome guy!