Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Painting Day - Workshop - Ruth Andre



"Title Wave"
4"x4"x.75" oil & cold wax on cradled panel
by Ruth Andre
$75 plus $10 shipping

I had the opportunity to teach a small Oil & Wax Workshop over the week-end. The workshop was held in a borrowed studio in Malibu, California and the class focused on Finding Inspiration for painting. I am often asked how I find my painting inspiration and thought I would share the tools I use. My fearless students were NOT artists but professional women working in accounting and banking. At the end of the day I was truly inspired.  The students were able to take what inspires them and translate that inspiration into what they love with their paintings. The class was a lot of fun and I thought the class paintings were beautifully done. It was truly, "A Painting Day"


Student Painting by Brenda Plasz
oil & cold wax on cradled panel


Student Painting by Lili Kaiser
oil & cold wax on cradled panel


Student Painting by Lili Kaiser
oil & wax on cradled panel


Student Painting by Brenda Plasz
oil & cold wax on cradled panel




9 comments:

Bruce B. Hancock said...

Ruth, watch out...you are creating future competition! But seriously, it is stunning how you were able to take people who have never painted and help them create these lovely works. I'm blown away. I think you have found yet another talent...TEACHER!

Ruth Andre said...

HI Bruce, The class workshop went very well and I am more than pleased with the paintings created. Thank-you so much for your comment.

Caroline Simmill said...

I love them! bankers can be creative too!

Ruth Andre said...

Caroline, I agree with you. I believe we all have a creative spark that can find its way to the surface if we learn to let it happen.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

all are so GREAT! Love the color, too!!!!

Ruth Andre said...

Sue, It was a fun day and the paintings were just wonderful!

charlotte cooper said...

These are some wonderful paintings! I love the boldness of the black! They are Big paintings, whatever their dimensions!

Ruth Andre said...

HI Charlotte, So good to receive your comment regarding the workshop paintings. Thanks so much for stopping by and posting.

Theresa Paden said...

Fantastic work by your students! You are an excellent teacher!