Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Back and Forth


"Back and Forth"
5"x5" Mixed Media on Paper
$98 - No Mat / $125 Matted
by Ruth Andre

There is always change and with change comes the back and forth of what if this happens and our questions of what will happen. Life is quite mysterious. We never really know what time we have and we do our best to think about what is best for the future and then there are always more questions and more back and forth decisions. I tried something new lately and that is instead of giving my full like or dislike for a situation I said, to a friend, you will know what to do. It is interesting that my input was not really needed but I must have been a good sounding board to their ideas because positive things have gone on and the outcome has been good. Letting go is one of the hardest things to do in life. Letting go to move on when we are young, letting go of our children and remembering they are adults and can find their way. Letting go enough to let life move us in the right direction. Letting go long enough to listen to our inner selves. Letting go to hear those special people in our lives. Letting go to bask in the light of our own triumphant and the triumphant of others. Letting go to give guidance when asked. My goal in life has been to give when I can and accept what others give graciously. It is interesting how life evolves and letting go is all part of the big picture. Take care - 
It has been,"A Painting Day".


1 comment:

Theresa Paden said...

I love your painting. You are right, letting go is hard. It's something I seem to have to learn over and over again. I'm glad to have you as my friend.