Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Journey - Ruth Adnre


"The Journey"
4"x10" Acrylic on Paper
by Ruth Andre
$400

I decided to give acrylic paint another try today. I have to say acrylic paints totally humble me. I am not in love with painting with acrylics but I like the outcome. Maybe it is the added tears that bring it all together. A good friend, Theresa Paden, paints animal portraiture using acrylics. She paints large canvases and she makes painting with acrylics look easy. I sent Theresa an email to let her know I am in awe of her painting skills. I know I am making more of this than necessary but the whole acrylic process astonishes me. The paints are very liquid in body and then once down on the paper they turn to glue. No kidding!!! The word practice comes to mind so I may try a few more works and see how they go. It has been, "A Painting Day". 
PS: I will try not to complain.








4 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

Have you tried Open Acrylics? they dry slower... I use a bottle of Open when I need to be able to create definition ...

Ruth Andre said...

Caterina, Thank-you for the Open Acrylics tip. I do appreciate your comment.

Roberta Warshaw said...

It has taken me a long time to get used to acrylics. I come from a watercolorist/oil painting background and they are so different. I think I am beginning to understand them but of course as soon as I think that, I make a big mess!

I love your paintings and whatever your medium is it is lovely.

Ruth Andre said...

Roberta, You have given me some things to think about when it comes to acrylic painting. Thank-you for your comment.