Friday, August 13, 2010

American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum


The "America's Horse in Art" Show & Sale 2010 is now available for viewing online. Please take a look at the show and enjoy the wonderful western artists and their depiction of the Quarter Horse. I have two paintings in the show, "Ranch Dudes", that was previously posted and "The Lone Ranger" that I will post today. If you are in Amarillo, the show runs August12-November 13, 2010. Loving Quarter Horses made for "A Painting Day".




"The Lone Ranger"-12x12-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre-$950.00
www.ruthandre.com
andre@ruthandre.com

8 comments:

liz wiltzen said...

Really lovely piece Ruth, and I love how you left so much empty space to support this beautiful being...

Dusty Pines said...

i really like how you defined the muscle & the sheen of the coat - looks like a hot sunny day for ol' ranger! thank you!

Ruth Andre said...

Thank-you Liz and Dusty for your comments. I enjoyed painting this one.

Katie Wilson said...

Hi Ruth,
Your paintings are truly beautiful. I have added your blog to my blog list. :)

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi Ruth!... Stumbled upon your wonderful site! Enjoyed my firast visiti immensely! Won't be my last... for sure!

I love the youyr strong use of positive and negative space... combined with wonderful and realistic texture. I especially relate to the "earthiness" of your palette and brushwork! Sure suits your selected subject matter!

Good Painting... and Happy Summer!
Warm regards,
Bruce Sherman

Ruth Andre said...

Thank-you Bruce. Your description of my paintings has made my day. You understand what my paintings are all about. Thank-you.

Jolly Princess said...

Hi Ruth, count me in as one of your fans. Great paintings! :)

Ruth Andre said...

Thank-you Jolly Princess. I love your Blog site.