Monday, August 30, 2010

Apple of My Eye



A few  years ago I painted this little Appaloosa filly.  The previous painting was 10x10-inches.  This one is 4x4-inches and the two paintings look like they were painted by two different people.  This one is a lot looser and has a bit of freedom in the use of color.   Maybe I am having a growth spurt?  Taking on the challenge to revisit the Appaloosa filly made for, "A painting day".

"Apple of My Eye"-4x4-inches, oil/gesso board by Ruth Andre
My Website
My Email

4 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

I love the colors and the loose brush strokes! The eye looks fantastic and you really captured that soft fuzzy mane that foals have. Beautiful work Ruth.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

horses has such a misterious and sweet espression... you cathc this espression very well...

Sandra Galda said...

love the sweet eye on this one in addition to the great brushwork

Becky Joy said...

This is a really nice one Ruth. I like the composition.