Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ellie & Kate


 

Kate-3x3-inches, oil/canvas


Ellie-3x3-inches, oil/canvas

Today I was at my framer's studio to pick up a few framed works.  This wee 3x3-inch painting made me smile.  It is one of two paintings that may be a tiny diptych - 'Ellie & Kate".  Kate is waiting for her frame so I will show Ellie all dolled up.  Heading to Placerville to see Jim and Sarah made for "A Framing Day".

 Ellie-3x3-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre
Kate-3x3-inches, oil/canvas, soon to be framed by Ruth Andre
My Website
My Email

4 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

sweet images and so nice framed!

Dusty Pines said...

they're adorable - i really like how you've expressed their furriness & expressions so well! thank you!

Theresa Paden said...

They both look great in their new frames! I just love the greenish background behind Ellie and how the green is reflected in the white hair on her face. So subtle and beautiful.

Katie Wilson-Bernatas said...

Ruth, these are little gems! Such great work in such little space.