Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ellie & Kate


 

Kate-3x3-inches, oil/canvas


Ellie-3x3-inches, oil/canvas

Today I was at my framer's studio to pick up a few framed works.  This wee 3x3-inch painting made me smile.  It is one of two paintings that may be a tiny diptych - 'Ellie & Kate".  Kate is waiting for her frame so I will show Ellie all dolled up.  Heading to Placerville to see Jim and Sarah made for "A Framing Day".

 Ellie-3x3-inches, oil/canvas by Ruth Andre
Kate-3x3-inches, oil/canvas, soon to be framed by Ruth Andre
My Website
My Email

4 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

sweet images and so nice framed!

Dusty Pines said...

they're adorable - i really like how you've expressed their furriness & expressions so well! thank you!

Theresa Paden said...

They both look great in their new frames! I just love the greenish background behind Ellie and how the green is reflected in the white hair on her face. So subtle and beautiful.

Katie Wilson said...

Ruth, these are little gems! Such great work in such little space.