Sunday, March 4, 2012

Desert Warrior - Ruth Andre


Today as I toiled away in the studio thoughts of art and life came to me.  Art, like life, is a continual growing place for an artist.  After posting the small painting yesterday, my husband suggested I paint a larger canvas in this style.  I surprised him and did just that.  I do not know if I will stay with this style of painting but it is good for me to work with a bit of wildness and add paint to the canvas to form shape with color.  I would imagine seeing myself at work would be like seeing a film on fast forward.  There is no time to linger.  There seems to be an immediate need to add the next palette of paint and then again and again.  Whew!  The horse is the obvious to view in this painting but I fell in love with the background and the feeling of movement and depth created while applying the paint with the palette knife.  It was, "A Painting Day".

"Desert Warrior" 24x24 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre



3 comments:

Floriana Quaini said...

Ciao Ruth, is wonderful your horse, he think and speak. He don't seems strong but very sensitive.
Wonderful also the colours.
Ciao, ciao, Floriana

carol morgan carmichael said...

Gorgeous Ruth!

Theresa Paden said...

Love the texture and colors!