Monday, March 26, 2012

Solitude - Ruth Andre



I am a fan of quiet and solitude. I love people and love being chatty as anyone that knows me knows first hand.  I also love to find a quiet place and solitude. I guess the quiet time is a privilege of sorts,  an added bonus to having good friends and a loving family. The painting today was painted
 on and outing with my friend, Julie Trail, at a local winery in the Shenandoah Valley. 
We hiked along a vineyard trail to find this quite little pond. 
Painting along the pond shore made for, "A Painting Day".

"Solitude" 6x8 inches, oil on canvas by Ruth Andre



2 comments:

martinealison said...

Une peinture qui traduit bien la solitude mais le côté positif du mot...
Des très douces couleurs...
Gros bisous

Nancy Franke said...

Ruth, I just love this -- the paint quality, the palette, the simplicity...and your words as well.