Thursday, March 8, 2012

Slow Motion - Ruth Andre


The Artist, Dan McCaw, wrote the following comment on his blog and it gave me the courage to post a painting I made today.  His words spoke what I was feeling.
It has been made for "A Painting Day".

"In this intimate conversation where the artist frees himself from the judgement, restraints and opinions of others and allows himself a vantage point where intuition, instinct and feeling become his guide and creativity is allowed to run free then we may find that our true nature will surface and express 
its true self."

Words by Dan McCaw

"Slow Motion" 
6x6 inches, oil on canvas
by Ruth Andre








5 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

So fun to see this abstract with the great color and texture!

martinealison said...

Il est bon de retrouver vos oeuvres après plus de 6 semaines d'absence... Je rentre tout juste des Philippines...
Des couleurs magnifiques... qui apportent des émotions... vos émotions.
Gros bisous

Manisha Vedpathak said...

Great work! I loved the colors.

Kathryn Townsend said...

Ruth--the painting is wonderful and I'm glad you quoted Dan McCaw--I've got his book open next to my easel. So many things he says bring hope to this process.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

What good thoughts!